Wednesday, October 24, 2012

a conversation

Let me set the scene. We were lying in bed in the middle of the night awake. HF was laying on his back and I was spooning his side with my right leg draped over him. He was playing with my hair. It was pure bliss. I whispered and asked, like many do in this situation, "What are you thinking about?"

HF was quiet for a moment and then he answered softly, "Head shots".

*crickets*

Me: what?!
HF:  I'm visualizing making accurate head shots with my AR compensating for mechanical offset.
Me:  That's messed up.
HF:  No it's not. We're encouraged to do that

*goes on to describe the visualization process to lucky ol' me*

Me:  And I thought the prolonged silence  meant you were thinking romantical thoughts about me...

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Yeah, that sounds just about right. :-)

Skirby said...

Yup...it definitely sounds just about right to me too!

Annie Johnson said...

I really believe that our husbands, fathers, uncles and sons that work to protect the people really eat, sleep and play the role. I know that is what it is like at my house. Service men all of the time.

Amanda Elizabeth. said...

I actually laughed out loud reading this! TOO funny!! I've been there so many times...

Unknown said...

I love this. I shared it on my police wives page. But I added your website as the author. Thanks for the laugh.

Unknown said...

Head Shots... Try living with a Police Sniper that thinks about nothing but that ONE WELL PLACED HEAD SHOT! I laughed out loud as well when I read this.

Neman Ashraf said...

An awesome post indeed. Totally agreeing here. Hi I am a cop from Pakistan.